본문 바로가기

About DGRBF 2023

DGRBF 2023 will guide us through the future of global robot businesses in the new paradigm

Greeting

2023 Daegu Global Robot Business Forum "Discover the Robolution"

Core foundation of the 4th industrial revolution
Core foundation of the 4th industrial revolution, As Smart factory becomes highlighted as a core foundation of the 4th industrial revolution, future position of robotics industry can only strengthen. According to the International Federation of Robotics (IFR), robotics industry is expected to grow 12% annually from 2020 to 2023. The size of the global robotics market is estimated to reach $ 50 Billion.

I wholeheartedly welcome our representatives from 28 member clusters of GRC in 23 nations to 「Daegu Global Robot Business Forum 2023」! Also, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to our speakers Sangho Lee from KT corp., Daekyu Yun from Hyundai Robotics, David Kim from Plug & Play, Fady Saad from MassRobotics, Oliver Tian from SIAA, Marco Calcamuggi from FFC Robotique, as well as other related participants.

Global Robot Cluster was first established during Daegu Global Robot Business Forum 2017 through the Daegu Declaration signed by 5 clusters from 4 nations. Through numerous discussions among the clusters, the first establishment plan was confirmed in July of the next year, and officially printed its first footstep on November 2018 with 8 member clusters. We currently hold 28 clusters from 23 nations as our members with its secretariat in Daegu, and the total number of enterprise members count up to 3500.

GRC is expected to contribute to robot industry’s innovative market creation through organically exchange and share core robot technologies each cluster holds.

In 2021, the city of Daegu has been selected as National Robot Test Field Innovation Project site that aims to commercialization of service robot technologies. National Robot Test Field Innovation Project is a 7-year large-scale national governmental project running from 2023 to 2029 with 300 billion KRW as total project cost, and it serves to create new markets for service robots and promote commercialization. It will create an environment that moves on from the existing robot industries to ‘service robot’ industry, which is closer to our daily lives. By promoting the advancement of such industry, we are putting our efforts in to build an establishment for the city of Daegu to become the core site of robot technologies and mass production.

The robot revolution continues. During COVID-19 pandemic, physical contacts between humans reduced drastically and the way people work is also being greatly influenced. However, the velocity of digital transformation is accelerating in a more rapid pace, and robots are at the center of such shift.

We strongly believe that ‘Daegu Global Robot Business Forum 2023’, Hosted by the city of Daegu and organized by REPA and GRC, is a place to understand the international trends of the robot industry and discuss strategies to improve domestic robot industry’s competitiveness to create new robot markets and enter global robot markets. Through such movement, I am confident that the forum will be a place for the city of Daegu to present a vision to lead Korea’s robot industry as the center of the global robot industry.

To our distinguished participants! Marking its 7th anniversary this year, 「Daegu Global Robot Business Forum 2023」is also a place where the city of Daegu finds its way to become the center of global robot industry. Again, I would like to express my most sincere gratitude to domestic and international robot experts and representatives from member clusters who are here to present and share their thoughts through keynote speeches and topic presentations to make this meaningful event shine even brighter.

Special thanks to our mayor Joonpyo Hong for hosting the event, Gyuho Song from Daegu Mechatronics & Materials Instute for co-organizing, Woonghee Son from KIRIA and other relate professionals for your efforts.

Finally, REPA promises to do our best to make the city of Daegu as a mutually beneficial robot city, a smart industry city, and a city where humans and robots harmonize.

Thank you.